CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Road Trip and my 26th Birthday

Trystan got to go on his first big road trip...
My great grandmother passed away a couple of weeks ago ( This picture was taken several years ago of us great grand kids with Granny). She was 95 years old and lived a very full life. We are going to miss her greatly, but I am greatful she got to go exactly like she wanted. She was living on her own and still had her wits about her. She went to the hospital on the 21st of February and discovered she had a perforated bowel. The doctor told her they could do surgery, but her response was my next stop is 53rd street (the cemetery where great grandpa is burried) they made her comfortable and she talked until she was ready to go then closed her eyes and said goodbye! She was an amazing women who never passed judgement on anyone and never complained. Hopefully some of that lives on in her family. We love you granny and will miss you dearly.
We headed up to Salt Lake on Friday for the funeral. We decided to go as far as my dad's house in Richfield on Friday spend the night drive to salt lake on saturday go back to richfield saturday night then home to vegas on Sunday. It is about 4 hours to Richfield from Vegas. Trystan did excellent! He slep all the way to Cedar where we stopped at my grandparents house so I could feed him and introduce him to his great grandparents. Then we got back in the car and he slept the rest of the way to richfield. We were all greatful to get out of the car for the day. Saturday we got up early and headed for Salt Lake again Little man slept the 2.5 hours it took to get there. We stopped by to see Aunt Nanny (Trystan's Great, Great Aunt on mikie's side of the family) then headed to the funeral. Mikie and I decided that we needed to get a Lo Jack to put on our kid because the poor thing was malled to death. After the funeral was over it was back in the car for 2.5 hours back to Richfield, again my fabulous little traveler slept. We went to Dinner Saturday night for my 26th birthday. Mikie and I will be celebrating my birthday this coming weekend since we spent the majority of it in the car. Sunday it was home to Vegas. We left Richfield about 11 o'clock Vegas time and hoped that was early enough to beat the NASCAR race getting out at the speedway on our way into town. We had to stop in St. George to feed Trystan and thank goodness we made it back before the races were over. Trystan slept the whole way home. I was so proud of him. We were home just long enough for me to feed him and we were off to my in-laws for my birthday dinner. Trystan was so done with his carseat and the car. He screamed all the way to Grammy and Grampy's and all the way home, but who can blame him, three days in the car was a little much for all of us. My camera died as soon as I pulled it out in Utah so the only pictures I have were on my phone so they aren't all that great but here is one of Trystan with Great Grandma and Grandpa Blackburn.
The Rest of the pictures are Random pictures from the last couple of weeks. One is of Trystans frist real bath 5 weeks after he was born. His cord finally fell off the kid didn't want to let it go!

This last picture is a fluke. This kid NEVER naps during the day. I have been trying to put him in his bed around the same time every afternoon and just let him cry. The first time he cried for about 20 minutes then slept for 3 hours. The next time he cried for over an hour and never went to sleep today he cried for about 45 minutes and slept for about 45 miniutes. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get kids to nap during the day and how to start getting them into a routine. I'm at a loss. HELP!!! LOL

3 comments:

Cindy Davis

Your doing great! Each one is so different. You are doing just what I did.It is hard to listen to them cry but you need a little break sometimes to. As long as they have a clean hind-end and a full belly they can chill for a bit. You are an awesome little mom! I hope you had a happy birthday! Love Ya!

Kourtney

He will figure it out, just keep it up and don't give in! Tough love!

matt and alex

Yeah it was a ton of fun!
Hope you had a good birthday as well!