CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Psych Nurse I am Not.....

Okay so I have to vent a little bit before I get to the incredibly fabulous 6 month pictures of my little man that my sister-in-law took while we were up the mountain. This week has been a rough work week. I work on a general Med-surg floor here in town. However our unit consists of 8 camera beds for direct observations as well as a new visions program which is a 4 day voluntary detox from numerous drugs and alcohol. Monday night I was board out of my mind. We were super slow I had great patients no big deal. Tuesday night I showed up for work and my preceptor had called in sick. So the nurse they put me with had all of the camera beds. We had a couple of legal 2000 (psych holds) and the others were mainly just fall risks. That night wasn't too horrible... other than I was up to my elbows in poop all night long! (literally) Last night was a whole different ball game. I got to work my preceptor had called off again so I was with the nurse I was with the night before on the camera rooms. However our patients were totally different. We had 5 psych holds and a couple of fallers. One guy had eaten razor blades in attempted suicide. So he was on suicide watch. We had two in restraints. One that was there for polysubstance over dose so the doctor would not write any orders for any meds for her except for IV fluids but she refused the IV. He ordered 1 dose of Ativan but absolutely nothing else. The one dose of ativan did nothing. She through the ativan at me the first time she asked for it and told me it was just candy that was going to do nothing for her.She screamed all night long that she was in pain. I paged the resident twice he finally came up and wrote her an order for a pain medication by IM injection times 1 dose. This lady was pissed of coarse she refused it because it wasn't what she wanted. She would go from singing at the top of her lungs to screaming something about dead bodies and how our psych docotor is an "idiot" and doesn't know what he is doing. Then she started engaging other patients into her horror story of us holding her against her will, and how she was only allowed out on her own 4 days out of the year. The other patient told her to just leave. He got sent back to his room and told not to encourage her anymore. Then she started screaming about how she hates her husband and wants a divorce but he won't give it to her. She literally screamed all night long. Our other patients started asking if they were in a medical hospital or a psychiatric hospital. 7:30 AM could not come fast enough!!!!!

Okay so enough about that. Trystan is growing up so fast. He is crawling all over the place and getting into EVERYTHING. We say no and he halls butt as fast as he can to try and beat us to whatever it is he wants. A favorite is the dogs water bowl. Only I usually don't make it in time. He dumps the whole thing on the kitchen floor and creates a swimming puddle for himself. He is drenched!!!!! and smiling loving every minute of it. He also really likes the dogs food bowl. He likes to throw the food all over the floor. And of course what little kid doesn't like the knobs on the receiver box for the TV and surround sound!!!! He is very busy and wears me out but I love it to pieces. He says NO but at this point is still cute because it usually isn't intentional and is few and far between, however he did say no mama when I went to wash him in the tub. He just wanted to play. By the time we are done with bath time you can't even move in the water because he has so much stuff in there. All of these pictures my Sister-in-law Ashley took while we were up the mountain with my family! I love them Ashley, Thank you so much!!!!

1 comments:

matt and alex

He is so cute and getting so big!

Work sounds pretty intense though. Hope you all are doing well.