CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Kauai Trip





We are back much to our dismay! Kauai was gorgeous and I could have stayed there forever without question. We took a drive up Wiamea Canyon, also know as the grand canyon of the pacific! It was absolutely gorgeous. We spent a couple of days just laying on the beach, playing in the waves and blistering our feet! Mikie tried boogie boarding and had a good time with that, I took pictures! We drove to the north side of the island one day and went snorkeling! I felt seriously clostraphobic for some reason while snorkeling and had a mini panic attack where I could not breath! We will blame that on the baby because I had absolutely no issue snorkeling on our honey moon in cancun! Mikie spent almost three hours snorkeling I mostely laid on the beach, but I did go out and try the snorkeling one last time before we left for the day! There were some very odd fish, and some really cool ones too, but my favorite were the sea turtles. They were so chill just like the ones in finding nemo! We took a helicoptor tour of the island and were able to see things not accessable any other way like the waterfall filmed in Jurassic Park and the Napali Coast! The helicopter ride made me want to pass out I got really nauseated and thought I was going to have to use the barf bag, How embarrassing, thank goodness we landed before I had to go to that extreme! We will also blame this on the baby, I have never gotten motion sickness before! But it was a very cool ride and I'm glad we did it! We also went on a kauai backwoods tubing adventure in the old sugar cane irrigation cannal with five hand dug tunnels. This was a fun and relaxing adventure! It was kind of cool floating through the old tunnels. The pinnaple and Coconut are amazing over there. They have wild chickens and roosters just roaming the island as well. The weather was beautiful about 85 every day and 75 at night. A little humid but not horrible. The food was fantastic as well. It is a trip I would repeat in a heartbeat and would recommend to anyone. We are very sad to be home in the hot vegas heat and back to reality and life in general. I don't think I have ever been so depressed to return home from vacation!

3 comments:

Wynd

Wow, your pictures are amazing! Looks like ton's of fun and relaxing. Glad you are home to the dry heat!

Andrea, Joey, & Jackson Mott

Sounds like you guys had a blast, love all the amazing pictures. I know how you feel about coming home from there. We went to Maui on our honeymoon and I was so bitter when it was time to come home, we were waiting to get on our plane at the airport and we were watching the people get off the plane all excited to start their vacation and i was seriously made at them. I didn't want to come home. glad you guys had a good time, you will be glad you did that before the baby comes.

The Munfords

So much fun! The pictures are amazing and so beautiful! I dont blame you for wanting to stay forever. It definatly sucks coming back to the real world!